The purpose of GreenPages is to share news about green products, services and information across Canada and around the world; therefore sharing information is integral to our service. You can choose not to provide such information, though without it you may not be able to receive all or some of our services.
- We collect only personal information you choose to give us (including your email address, address, gender, age, etc.)
- Your personal information will never be sold or made available to any third party without your consent.
- You have the right to view your personal information at any time.
Our web servers log every visit to our web sites and record the following information provided by your web browser:
- Your IP address and domain name.
- The IP address and domain of the web site that referred you.
- The browser name and version number used to access our web sites.
- The operating system platform used to access our site.
- The search terms used if you are referred from a search engine.
- The date and time of your visit.
- Any pages and/or files accessed during your visit to our web sites.
This information is used to maintain site security, pinpoint and correct website technical issues, browser compatibility issues, accessibility issues, and to understand page use trends and visitor patterns etc.
Cookies: Cookies identify each user as a unique visitor to web sites and do not tell us who you are. Most browsers are set to accept cookies; however, you can change your browser settings to refuse all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. You can refuse a cookie from Green Pages, but refusing to do so may prevent some of our services from functioning properly.
User Communications: We may keep any communications (email, mail, or phone) you have with us and use your contact information to fulfill your information request.
How we use your information
- To understand usage trends, interest in various aspects of the services, and identify areas for improvement.
- To enhance, customize and personalize the experience for site visitors.
- To protect site security for everyone concerned - knowing the nature of users' visits to our web sites allow us to keep the experience safe.
- To aggregate the information to attract the most appropriate advertisers.
- To comply with applicable laws.
- To contact you about services to which you have subscribed.
- To update you on important matters regarding your subscription and/or account.
The security of your personal information
We have implemented, and continue to monitor, security measures designed to prevent unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of, or access to data, and strictly limit access to our servers and databases through the use of industry standard processes and protocols.
Please remember that the internet is not 100% secure and some email sent to or from this site may not be secure.
You are able to access and update your personal information in your profile and you always have the option to unsubscribe and/or cancel your membership at any time.
If it is warranted, we reserve the right to email you of any changes.